Introduction to JSON
What is JSON
- JSON is lightweight text-data interchange format
- JSON is platform/language independent
- JSON is “self-describing” and “self understandable”
JSON filename extension is .json
JSON Internet Media type is application/json
Programming language support
JSON is language independent and it is supported by most of all the programming languages:
Uses of JSON
- JSON format is used for serializing & transmitting structured data over network connection.
- JSON is primarily used to transmit data between server and web application.
- Web Services and API.s use JSON format to provide public data. Eg. Twitter
- JSON can be used with modern programming languages like Java, C# etc.,